Friday, July 15, 2022

.......using the wrong emoji

Emojis in emails have never been a good fit - email is a word media, with attachments that might be pictures. Emojis also seem a little inappropriate in emails - "she can't be bothered to say she is happy, she has to send me a smiling face." Or maybe - "he sent me a sad-faced emoji, but is he actually sad?"

Many people send an emoji as part of a WhatsApp message, which I am quite happy with. The problem I have, shared with some celebs in the news recently, is choosing the right one. I mainly use  😀 😊😕😑, but people send me really interesting emojis. Where do they find them? Back to the theme. Maybe you have just selected the wrong one by accident or carelessness. Maybe it is just a bad choice. The reader will always think the latter.  One hundred well-crafted words could be undermined by the wrong emoji. Is it worth the risk?

🙍

No comments:

Post a Comment